Wild Mushroom Pesto Penne
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-1/2 to 2 ounces sliced assorted wild mushrooms*
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 2 to 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- Dash of cream
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces cooked penne pasta
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- *CHEF'S NOTE: Use 3 to 5 mushroom varieties, but avoid delicate, soft mushrooms, such as enoki or chanterelles. Use combination of crimini portobello, morel, button and shiitake.
- Heat butter in saute pan and add mushrooms, sauteing until mushrooms release their juices.
- Add garlic, shallots and pesto and heat through.
- Add just enough cream to bind the ingredients, then add butter to finish the sauce.
- Toss with pasta and garnish with basil and Parmesan.