- 1 pound beef sirloin, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 3 ounces Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 hoagie rolls sliced about 3/4 of the way through lengthwise
Instructions Place beef in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, paprika, red pepper flakes, thyme, marjoram, basil, onion powder and garlic powder. Mix in with beef.
Heat half of the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute beef until cooked through and remove from pan. Heat remaining oil in the skillet and saute onion and green pepper.
Set the hoagie rolls on pizza screen slit side up. Divide beef among the four rolls. Layer with onion and green pepper, then top with sliced cheese. Bake until cheese is melted. Serve.