Farfalle Pasta with Artichoke Hearts and Tomatoes
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 10-12 ounces farfalle (bowtie) pasta cooked al dente, drained, kept warm
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 cups ground tomatoes or canned plum tomatoes with juices
- 1 8-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers, cut into strips
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large sauté pan set over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until it just begins to take on some color.
- Add tomatoes artichoke hearts, oregano and basil.
- Turn heat down to simmer.
- Simmer sauce for about 20 minutes to reduce.
- Add bell peppers.
- Add cooked pasta.
- Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Divide among four heated pasta bowls.
- Sprinkle on some Parmesan.
- Serve at once.