Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- ¾ pound fettuccine
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt to the water.
- Cook the pasta until it is al dente.
- Drain and reserve.
- While the pasta is cooing melt the butter over medium heat in a saute pan that is large enough to hold all of the cooked pasta.
- Do not let the butter brown.
- Add the whipping cream.
- Turn the heat to medium high and bring the ream to a slow boil.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes to reduce the sauce lightly,
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the cooked pasta to the cream.
- Mix the pasta quickly but thoroughly with the sauce.
- Add the grated Parmesan and toss once again.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at once in heated pasta bowls.