Fettuccine with Fresh Tomatoes & Arugula
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- ¾ cup balsamic vinear
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped red onions
- 8 ripe tomatoes (about 3 pounds) cored, seeded, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1-1/2 cups tightly packed, chopped or torn, arugula
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together vinegar and olive oil.
- Add garlic, onion, tomatoes and arugula.
- Add salt & pepper. (The recipe can be made to this point & held at room temperature for several hours,)
- Cook the pasta until it is perfectly al dente.
- Drain well.
- Working quickly, add the pasta to the tomato arugula mixture.
- Toss to combine.
- Divide pasta into serving portions.
- Top each portion with an equal amount of Parmesan cheese.