Recipe courtesy of Wolfies PizzaMia, Orlando, Florida
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- ½ teaspoon pink salt no. 2
- 4 tablespoons Kosher or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, toasted and cracked
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, toasted and cracked
- 5 garlic cloves, thin sliced
- 5 tablespoons dried lavender
- 2 oranges, zested
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- Mix spices together.
- Roll meat in it.
- Seal meat in a plastic bag.
- Refrigerate for two weeks.
- Rotate bag.
- Completely rinse off herb crust with white wine.
- Place in container. Refrigerate for one day.
- Trust with butchers twine.
- Hang for 3 to 4 weeks at 55 F.
- Meat is ready after losing 30 percent of its starting weight.