- 4 large Roma tomatoes, diced, to yield 1-1/2 cups
- 6 ounces (about) diced fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup torn or cut (with kitchen shears) fresh basil
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 12-inch pizza shell lightly par-baked and cooled
Instructions In a stainless steel bowl, combine and toss the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and olive oil.
Brush the crust lightly with EVOO. Spread the tomato mixture evenly over the crust up to the crust edge. Sprinkle on the grated Parmesan. Salt & pepper. Serve. No further heat or baking required.
Option: Slice the fresh Roma tomatoes into rounds. Arrange the tomatoes on the olive oil-rushed crust. Sprinkle on the mozzarella. Bake. Out of the oven, add the fresh basil. Drizzle on some more olive oil.