Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 16 ounces of mozzarella cheese
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup water
- 1½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅔ cup flour
- ⅓ cup corn starch
- Dash of salt and pepper
- ¼ cup of pizza sauce or honey mustard, for dipping
- Mix together the eggs and water and set aside.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In another separate container, mix the flour and cornstarch.
- Cut your mozzarella into any desired shape: squares, rectangles, or sticks.
- One at a time, dip each piece of mozzarella into the egg mixture, then bread crumbs, then flour.
- Fry the sticks until they are golden brown, and serve with desired dipping sauce.