Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 1 pound mozzarella string cheese or sticks cut from a block
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Oil for frying
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Use three bowls or plates - one bowl for the flour, one for the egg and one for the breadcrumbs.
- Toss the cheese in the flour, then dip it in the egg to coat.
- Next, dip the cheese in the breadcrumbs to coat thoroughly.
- Arrange the breaded sticks in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for up to an hour.
- You can make a number of trays.
- Don't crowd the sticks on the trays.
- Cover with plastic wrap an refrigerate.
- The window here is about two hours in the cooler.
- Beyond that, they pick up too much moisture and the breadcrumb coating tends to peel off during frying.
- To order, fry the breaded mozzarella in hot oil (350-360 F).
- Fry until golden, usually less than a minute.
- Remove from the oil and let drain.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce.