Garlic Clam Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sauces
- 1 51-ounce can of chopped sea clams (with the clam juice)
- ½ can (25 ounces) water
- ½ pound of clam base (paste)
- 1 tablespoon crushed red peppers
- ¼ cup garlic puree
- ½ cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1 cup of white wine
- Bring all ingredients to a simmer and add ⅔ cups of cornstarch dissolved into ⅔ cup of cold water.
- Whisk it in and keep whisking until it comes back to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Once the liquid cools, add ⅔ cup of chopped parsley.
- You can portion
- the cooled sauce into 15-ounce servings. I use soup pint containers for this.