Garlic Shrimp Bruschetta Flatbread
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 3 cups hot water (110 F)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 7 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound raw shrimp
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh chopped garlic
- ¼ cup fresh chopped herbs (basil, parsley, sage)
- ¼ cup fresh diced red peppers
- 1//2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cap Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- Prepare dough by sprinkling yeast on top of hot water.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and slowly mix in flour and salt, then knead for 8 minutes.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Toss raw shrimp with olive oil, garlic, chopped herbs, lemon juice and red peppers.
- Cover and let marinate in cooler for 15-20 min.
- Make balsamic glaze by slowly cooking balsamic vinegar and sugar over low eat until it forms syrup.
- Hand stretch dough into thin pizza round.
- Brush with olive oil and place on hot grill (or in wood fired pizza oven) for 3-5 min. until golden brown.
- Take shrimp from marinade and place on grill for 7-8 min. until they turn pink.
- Chop grilled shrimp into bite size pieces and spread evenly over grilled flat bread pizza dough.
- Top with shaven Parmesan and drizzle with balsamic glaze.