- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- Tomato juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Instructions In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except tomato juice. Let marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Place ingredients in food processor with enough tomato juice to help blending. Puree to desired consistency, adding more tomato juice when needed.
Refrigerate until time to serve. Serve in chilled bowl with one to two pieces of thick, crusty bread on side. Garnish with fresh basil.