Gluten-Free Pizza Dough
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: dough/breads
Serves: about 18 ounces of pizza dough
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups white rice flour
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- Put the yeast, sugar and water in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch and rice flour and add it to the water-yeast mixture.
- Add the corn oil.
- Mix until the dough comes together and you can forma ball. Add additional rice flour if needed (the dough should be soft and pliable).
- Set aside.
- Let rise for an hour or more.
- Lightly coat a quarter-sheet pan with olive oil (or you can use corn meal).
- Press the dough into the pan and up the sides, making it as thin as possible without tearing it. For added flavor brush the crust with garlic butter or garlic oil.
- Top with the usual toppings — sauce, cheese(s), herbs.
- Bake at 450-475 F for 15-20 minutes (don’t over bake the pizza or the crust will be too tough), until the crust gets crispy and takes on some color.
- Remember that this is a crust that is not light and can be rather stiff.