Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- ½ pound fresh spinach, washed, stemmed
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 14-inch pizza shell
- ¼ cup sliced pitted brine-cured green olives
- ¼ cup sliced pitted brine-cured black olives
- ¼ pound feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- Put water and spinach in a large sauté pan or pot and cook over medium high heat, covered, until spinach wilts. About 6 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid from pan.
- With cover off, cook and stir spinach 2 minutes to evaporate moisture.
- Add olive oil, garlic, onion and pepper to spinach.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Salt to taste (mixture prepped to this point can be held for several hours).
- Cool before using.
- Spread spinach mixture evenly over pizza crust, leaving about a ½-inch crust border.
- Sprinkle olives evenly over spinach and feta cheese evenly over top.
- Bake in deck oven at 475 degrees for 12-14 minutes, convey or oven at 500 degrees for 5 minutes, 15 seconds.