Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup fresh bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoon grated Romano cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Greek oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- 2 pounds lean ground beef, or combination of ground beef (1 ½ pounds) and ground lamb (1/2 pound)
- In a large bowl, blend eggs, bread crumbs, romano cheese, olive oil, parsley, garlic, salt, oregano, pepper, cinnamon and allspice.
- Add ground meat and mix thoroughly.
- Tear off pieces of meat and form into meatballs that are about 1-inch in diameter.
- Place meatballs on a sheet pan or baking pan and press gently yet firmly with your hand to form what should be a small meat patty with a slight curve or hump (like a golf ball cut in half, flattened slightly).
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.