- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup fresh bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoon grated Romano cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Greek oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 pounds lean ground beef, or combination of ground beef (1 ½ pounds) and ground lamb (1/2 pound)
1. In a large bowl, blend eggs, bread crumbs, romano cheese, olive oil, parsley, garlic, salt, oregano, pepper, cinnamon and allspice. Add ground meat and mix thoroughly.
2. Tear off pieces of meat and form into meatballs that are about 1-inch in diameter. Place meatballs on a sheet pan or baking pan and press gently yet firmly with your hand to form what should be a small meat patty with a slight curve or hump (like a golf ball cut in half, flattened slightly).
3. Bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through. Cool.