- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound ziti, cooked al dente, refreshed under cold water, drained
- 2 large red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups celery, sliced thinly
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup fresh dill, minced (may substitute oregano or rosemary
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup olive oil
Instructions 1. On oiled grill or in grill pan over high heat, cook seasoned chicken breast 6-8 minutes per side or until done; remove plate. Sprinkle with lemon juice and let cool (if grill is unavailable, sauté the chicken).
2. In a large bowl, combine ziti, bell pepper, celery, onion, olives and dill. Julienne chicken and add to bowl, reserve any juices.
3. In blender, combine reserved juices, vinegar, mayonnaise and mustard. With motor running, add olive oil in a steady stream until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add dressing to salad; toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until ready to use.