Grilled Chicken and Ziti Salad
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: salads
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound ziti, cooked al dente, refreshed under cold water, drained
- 2 large red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups celery, sliced thinly
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup fresh dill, minced (may substitute oregano or rosemary
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- On oiled grill or in grill pan over high heat, cook seasoned chicken breast 6-8 minutes per side or until done; remove plate.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and let cool (if grill is unavailable, sauté the chicken).
- In a large bowl, combine ziti, bell pepper, celery, onion, olives and dill.
- Julienne chicken and add to bowl, reserve any juices.
- In blender, combine reserved juices, vinegar, mayonnaise and mustard.
- With motor running, add olive oil in a steady stream until emulsified.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add dressing to salad; toss well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until ready to use.