Grilled Portobello Sandwich with Pepper Jack Cheese, Roasted Peppers and Marinated Artichoke Hearts
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sandwich
- 24 (ea.) Portobello mushrooms (3 ½ pounds)
- Olive oil as needed
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup Dijon mustard
- 24 sandwich bun, split
- 1 ½ pounds roasted pepper, chopped coarsely
- 1 ½ pounds marinated artichoke hearts, chopped coarsely
- 12 ounces red onion slice thinly
- 1 ½ pounds pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Brush each Portobello cap with olive oil; season well with salt and pepper, and arrange on a sheet pan.
- Bake 500 degrees until mushrooms are tender, about 8 minutes; reserve.
- Per order, spread each side of one bun with ½ tablespoon mayonnaise-mustard mixture.
- On the bottom of bun layer 2 tablespoons roasted pepper, 2 tablespoons artichoke heart, Portobello cap, 2 slices onion and ¼ cup cheese; cover with top of the bun
- Heat in 500 degree oven until heated through and cheese melts, about 5 minutes.