Hot Pizza Wrap
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sandwich
- 12-inch flavored flour tortilla shell*
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan
- 1 ounce thinly sliced provolone
- 1 ounce thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1 ounce shredded mozzarella
- 1 ounce roasted red bell peppers
- *Spinach, garlic herb, or sun-dried tomato.
- Lightly oil tortilla.
- Sprinkle on Parmesan.
- Arrange provolone, pepperoni and red peppers in the center. (Or, use any combination of precooked meats or vegetables.)
- Sprinkle on mozzarella, fold up bottom fourth of shell, then fold over top fourth.
- Starting with one side, roll up the “wrap” to completely enclose filling.
- Place on pan, seam side down.
- Brush with additional oil and sprinkle on additional Parmesan, if desired.
- Bake at 400 F for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
San-Diego-based bakery consultant Ray Thelen doesn't recommend using sauce inside wraps, because its moisture can cause the wrap to become soggy. Also, it may “blow out” unless steam vents are cut into the shell. As an alternative, serve sauce on the side.