Hot Sauce & Bourbon Scented Apple, Scallion, & Rosemary Jus for Poultry
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 3 lb. turkey (or chicken)
- ½ cup grape seed oil
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 4 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 3 carrots, roughly chopped
- 18 apples, roughly chopped
- 2 bunches scallions, roughly chopped
- 24 black peppercorns
- 6 bay leaves
- 3 cups Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce
- 1 cup bourbon
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 3 qts. chicken stock
- 2 cups veal demi glace
- ½ bunch rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- Apple, julienne, for garnish
- Scallion, finely chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In roasting pan, toss turkey (or chicken) bones with ¼ cup grape seed oil.
- Roast until toasted & deep golden in color, about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven & reserve bones.
- In large braising pan, over medium heat, add remaining
- /4 cup grape seed oil until hot, but not smoking.
- Add garlic, onions, celery, carrots, apples, & scallions - cook until deep golden in color - 18-20 minutes.
- Add peppercorns & bay leaves - cook additional 2-3 minutes to release flavorful oils.
- Add Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce, bourbon, & tomato paste - simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add reserved roasted bones, apple cider, chicken stock, & veal demi glaze - bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low & simmer until reduced by ½ - 2 to 2½ hours. Strain.
- Return to jus to braising pan & continue to simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat - add rosemary, salt, apple, & scallion.