Italian Deli Stromboli
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sandwich
- Frozen bread dough, thawed
- Dried oregano, to taste
- Dried parsley flakes, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 3-1/2 ounces thinly sliced capicola
- 3-1/2 ounces thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Let dough rise until doubled, according to package directions.
- Punch down.
- Roll loaf into rectangle.
- Sprinkle with oregano and dried parsley flakes, leaving 1 inch of dough at the bottom.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- At capicola and salami.
- Fold dough, bringing one corner o the other; turn over, then fold to bring other corners together.
- Seal the seams and ends with a small amount of water.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Brush with egg yolk.
- Bake in 375 F oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 min. before slicing.
- Serve warm.