Jerk Chicken Wings
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 24 chicken wings, wing tips cut off, halved at the joint
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup minced jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 drops Tabasco
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients except the chicken.
- Pulse to puree and liquefy.
- Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer in a baking pan.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Let marinate, covered and chilled, for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Place the wings in one layer in a roasting pan.
- Spoon some of the marinade over the wings.
- Bake in a preheated 450 F oven for about 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve with celery sticks and trimmed whole scallions.