- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) anchovy fillets
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 3 cups plum tomatoes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound linguine, spaghetti or other long pasta
Instructions Put the anchovies in a small bowl and rinse them thoroughly to get rid of any salt.
In a saute pan set over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the rinsed anchovies to the pan and mash the fillet into the oil using the tines of a fork to form a paste. Add the garlic to the pan. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes. Add the parsley.
Add the tomatoes to the saute pan. Cook the sauce for 45 minutes to 1 hour at a steady simmer to reduce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until it is al dente. Drain well. Toss the pasta with portions of the sauce. Garnish each portion with chopped flat-leaf parsley.