Linguine with Anchovies
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) anchovy fillets
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 3 cups plum tomatoes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound linguine, spaghetti or other long pasta
- Put the anchovies in a small bowl and rinse them thoroughly to get rid of any salt.
- In a saute pan set over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add the rinsed anchovies to the pan and mash the fillet into the oil using the tines of a fork to form a paste.
- Add the garlic to the pan.
- Cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add the parsley.
- Add the tomatoes to the saute pan.
- Cook the sauce for 45 minutes to 1 hour at a steady simmer to reduce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until it is al dente.
- Drain well.
- Toss the pasta with portions of the sauce.
- Garnish each portion with chopped flat-leaf parsley.