Linguine with Calamari Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds squid, cleaned, rinsed, body sac cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons chopped, flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 28-ounce cans plum tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup bottled clam juice
- 1 large red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large skillet set on medium heat, warm the olive oil for one minute.
- Add the squid rings and stir and cook for two minutes.
- Add the parsley, garlic, tomatoes, clam juices and bell pepper.
- Crush the tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon as you cook and stir.
- Cook the sauce for 30-35 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before the sauce is done, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and turn into a large serving bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta.
- Add the parmesan and the pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve at once in heated pasta bowls.