- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds squid, cleaned, rinsed, body sac cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons chopped, flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 28-ounce cans plum tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup bottled clam juice
- 1 large red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Instructions 1. In a large skillet set on medium heat, warm the olive oil for one minute. Add the squid rings and stir and cook for two minutes.
2. Add the parsley, garlic, tomatoes, clam juices and bell pepper. Crush the tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon as you cook and stir. Cook the sauce for 30-35 minutes.
3. About 10 minutes before the sauce is done, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta and turn into a large serving bowl. Pour the sauce over the pasta. Add the parmesan and the pepper. Stir to combine. Serve at once in heated pasta bowls.