- 8 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1/4 cup finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley (use flat-leaf if you can)
- 5 cups bread, torn from day old Italian bread, soaked in milk and squeezed dry
- 8 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons each salt, black pepper, dried oregano
Instructions In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients in the order listed. Mix thoroughly by hand.
Form into meatballs–a bit larger than a golf ball–by pinching off some meat and rolling it between the palms of your hand.
Lay a thin film of vegetable oil in a large saute pan. Over medium-high heat, saute the meatballs in batches until they are cooked through, turning them frequently to brown evenly.