Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce fresh basil, finely cut
- 4 ounces fresh buffalo-style mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 loaf of French or Italian bread, sliced horizontally
- Toss the diced tomatoes, cheese oil, salt & pepper together and place a tablespoon of he mixture on each slice of toasted bruschetta.
- Bake in a 450 F oven for about 4 minutes.
- Just before serving, garnish each crostini with the cut basil and serve immediately.
- Chef's Note: If you make your tomato and fresh mozzarella mixture a little bit in advance, the salt will extract some water fro the tomatoes and you'll want to drain that excess moisture before placing the topping on your bread.