Molten Lava Cakes
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: desserts
- 8 1-ounce squares semisweet chocolate
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- Butter and flour six 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Melt chocolate with butter over low heat or in a microwave.
- Add flour & sugar to chocolate mixture.
- Combine eggs and egg yolks & add to the chocolate mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Put custard cups on a baking sheet.
- Divide batter evenly among custard cups.
- Bake for about 15 min. The edges should be firm & center just a bit runny.
- To serve, run a knife around edges to loosen the cake.
- Invert onto a dessert plate dusted with powdered sugar or cocoa powder.
- Garnish with whipped cream or fresh fruit.