Neapolitan-style Pizza Dough
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: dough/breads
- 1-1/2 ounces active dry yeast
- 11 pounds (at around 85-90 F) water
- 4 ounces salt
- 20 pounds flour (11- to 12-percent protein)
- In the mixing bowl, whisk the yeast into the water.
- Whisk in the salt.
- Add the flour.
- Mix for 2 minutes at low speed, then about 10 minutes at medium speed (or until the dough cleans the side of the mixing bowl and is soft and supple).
- Leave dough in the mixing bowl and cover with a damp cloth.
- Allow dough to rise for one hour.
- After rising, form dough into balls and arrange on proofing trays.
- Place dough into cooler (cross-stack the trays for about 20 minutes before downstacking) for a slow rise overnight.
- Remove dough from cooler at least one hour prior to using.