Oggi’s Italian Chicken Quesadilla
Courtesy of George Hadjis Oggi's Pizza, San Clemente, CA
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 1 chipotle tortilla
- 1 ounce butter
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese
- 5 tomato slices
- 1½ strips of bacon, chopped
- 5 ounces blackened chicken, cooked and finely chopped
- ¼ ounce fresh basil, chopped
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- 1 ounce balsamic glaze
- Heat tortilla on a clean grill for 15 seconds.
- Once warmed, add butter to flat-top and grill other side of tortilla, layering it with both cheeses.
- Begin to layer tomato slices, bacon, chicken and basil into quesadilla and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Keep tortilla open-face until the cheese is melted.
- Once completely melted, fold tortilla over to create the quesadilla shape and remove from grill.
- Cut quesadilla into 6 triangles.
- Drizzle with sweet balsamic glaze and serve with Anaheim ranch and green leaf lettuce garnish on an oval plate.