Ingredients Chicken/Turkey Sausage Master Base*
- ¾ cup (or to taste) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peeled and finely-chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ¾ cup sweet sherry
- ¾ water
- ¾ cup scallions, white and green part, finely-chopped
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco
Instructions 1. Follow instructions for “Chicken/Turkey Sausage Master Base”
2. Measure out the above combinations before adding them into the base. Mix well.
3. Make a small taster patty, cook and taste. Adjust the seasonings if necessary.
Chicken/Turkey Sausage Master Base Recipe
Yield: 12 pounds
- 7 pounds boned chicken and turkey leg and thigh meat.
- 3 pounds boned chicken breast meat
- 1 ½ pounds pork fat cut into 1/4 –inch dice, or 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon coarse grind black pepper
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups wine or ¾ spirits and ¾ cup water
1. Grind the poultry through a medium or medium/coarse plate and season with the above ingredients.