Orzo Salad with Arugula, Radicchio and Hazelnut Vinaigrette
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: salads
- ½ cup hazelnuts, roasted, and skinned
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 large bunch arugula (about 6 ounces)
- 1 medium head radicchio (about 6 ounces)
- ½ pound orzo, cooked, refreshed under cold water, drained
- in a blender, puree hazelnuts with vinegars.
- Add goat cheese and puree 1 minute.
- With motor running, add olive oil in stead stream.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Wash arugula, pat dry and separate leaves of radicchio.
- Break leaves into bite-sized pieces. In a large bowl, combine arugula, radicchio and orzo.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over.
- Toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to use.