- One 14-inch pizza shell
- 1/4 pound lean pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 large redskin potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and sliced almost paper-thin
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, white part only
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, or 2 teaspoons fresh, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, or 2 teaspoons fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper lakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions In a small saute pan over low heat, cook the pancetta until it renders most of its fat and starts to get crispy, about 7 minutes. Reserve.
Brush the crust, including the edge, with the olive oil. Sprinkle on the minced garlic.
Arrange the sliced potatoes, slightly overlapping them, up to the border of the crust (leave about a half-inch border). sprinkle on the scallions, rosemary, thyme and red pepper flakes. pour the reserved pancetta, including the fat in the pan, evenly over the pizza. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese. Bake.