Pasta and Olive Salad
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 1 pound penne or farfalle pasta
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 28-ounce can plum tomatoes, drained, crushed by hand in the can and drained again
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 7-ounce can oil-packed tuna, drained
- 6 anchovy fillets, drained, rinsed and chopped
- 18 black, oil-cured olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped, flat-leaf parsley
- Coarse, freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain well and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- While the pasta is still hot, pour the olive oil over it, and toss well.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, tuna, anchovies, and olives, and toss well.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley over the pasta.
- Serve warm or at room temperature