- 1 pound penne or farfalle pasta
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 28-ounce can plum tomatoes, drained, crushed by hand in the can and drained again
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 7-ounce can oil-packed tuna, drained
- 6 anchovy fillets, drained, rinsed and chopped
- 18 black, oil-cured olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped, flat-leaf parsley
- Coarse, freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
Instructions 1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well and transfer to a large serving bowl.
2. While the pasta is still hot, pour the olive oil over it, and toss well.
3. Add the tomatoes, garlic, tuna, anchovies, and olives, and toss well. Add pepper and salt to taste. Sprinkle the chopped parsley over the pasta. Serve warm or at room temperature