Pasta e Fagioli
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 12 ounces chopped onion
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 14 ounces diced carrot
- 14 ounces diced celery
- 48 ounces diced fresh tomatoes
- 15 ounces cooked red kidney beans
- 15 ounces cooked white beans
- 88 ounces beef stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 48 ounces marinara sauce
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown beef in olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery and tomatoes and simmer until tender.
- Drain and rinse beans and add to pot with beef stock.
- Add remaining ingredients and pasta.
- Simmer for 45 minutes; adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- If desired, serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.