Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 5 anchovy fillets, lightly chopped
- 12 Gaeta or kalamata olives, stoned and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons crushed red chili flakes
- 1 quart canned whole peeled plum tomatoes
- 1 pound spaghetti
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- In a large saute pan, warm the olive oil over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic.
- Cook the garlic until it just begins to turn golden brown.
- Discard the garlic.
- Add the anchovy fillets and mash them into a paste with a fork.
- Add the olives, capers and red pepper flakes.
- Turn the heat to low.
- Crush the plum tomatoes by hand, and drain off excess water.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan with the anchovies and capers.
- Turn the heat to medium-high.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 45 min.
- Cook the past in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Portion the pasta among four heated pasta bowls.
- Ladle on equal amounts of sauce over the pasta.
- Top each dish with an equal amount of Parmesan.