- 24 ounces tagilatelle or other pasta
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 10-ounce package frozen peas, thawed
- 8 ounces prosciutto, sliced paper thin & halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions Cook pasta until al dente in a large pot of boiling, salted water, according to package directions. Reserve 2 cups pasta water; drain pasta and return to pot.
In a large skillet, malt butter over medium-low heat; add shallot and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add cream, peas and prosciutto; ring to a very gentle simmer over medium heat, stirring. Simmer until peas are heated through, about 4 minutes. Add cream, peas and prosciutto; bring to a very gentle simmer over medium heat, stirring. Simmer until peas are heated through, about 4 minutes.
Add lemon juice and zest. Toss pasta with sauce; add Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add some of reserved pasta water to thin sauce as desired.
Serve immediately; top with additional Parmesan, if desired.