Pear & Caramelized Onion Gorgonzola Pizza
Courtesy of Aldo Musico Aldo's Pizza, Naples, FL "All the flavors of the melted cheeses mold together with creaminess. It just bursts with flavor!" ~ Aldo Musico.
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 1 pizza shell
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces fresh chopped garlic
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 1 Barolo poached pear
- 4 ounces caramelized onions
- 2 ounces aged balsamic garnished w/ crisp sage
- Roll out the pizza dough, then brush with olive oil.
- Top with fresh, chopped garlic and the cheeses.
- Add the poached pear and caramelized onions, then drizzle with aged balsamic.
- Bake in a 500 F pizza oven until crust is golden brown and ready to serve.