Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small yelllow onion, chopped
- 4 ounces portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, rinsed
- 7 ounces bacon, cooked & crumbled into large pieces
- 12 ounces chicken breast, grilled & sliced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup Romano cheese
- ¼ cup Asiago cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces penne
- Sauté onions, mushrooms & garlic in butter until ingredients are soft & yellow onions are translucent.
- Add bacon & chicken, then add heavy cream.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then begin cooking penne separately.
- Add cheese, salt & pepper.
- Stir & let simmer 2-3 mins.
- Drain penne, then add it to the Carbonara mixture & coat with sauce.