Philly Cheese Steak Hoagie
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sandwich
- 1 pound beef sirloin, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon dried red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 3 ounces Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 hoagie rolls sliced about ¾ of the way through lengthwise
- Place beef in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, paprika, red pepper flakes, thyme, marjoram, basil, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Mix in with beef.
- Heat half of the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté beef until cooked through and remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in the skillet and sauté onion and green pepper.
- Set the hoagie rolls on a pizza screen slit side up.
- Divide beef among the four rolls.
- Layer with onion and green pepper, then top with sliced cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted.