Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 3 pounds peppers, sliced and de-seeded
- 1 quart vinegar
- 3 quarts water
- Blanch pepper slices in steam for 2 minutes.
- Drain. Combine with vinegar in a stainless steel saucepan (or non-reactive saucepan) and boil 1 minute.
- Using a small strainer, remove peppers and place into 4 or 5 hot, scaled pint jars; leaving room for pickling mixture.
- Make pickling mixture by adding water to vinegar; bring to a boil.
- Cover chiles with pickling mixture, leaving ¼-inch of head space.
- Seal and process jars for 10 minutes in a boiling-water bath.