Pizza alla Treviso
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 1 14-inch pizza crust
- 8 ounces tomato puree or all-purpose ground tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 2 tablespoons Romano cheese, grated
- 8 ounces mozzarella and provolone cheese blend (50/50)
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ⅓ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 8 ounces Premoro Hand-Pinched Style Italian Sausage, Spicy with Garlic, 60014, thawed
- Spread tomato puree or ground tomatoes evenly over pizza shell, up to ½-inch from the edge. Sprinkle on oregano, basil, Romano cheese and then mozzarella/provolone cheese blend.
- Distribute pepper and onions evenly over cheese.
- Arrange sausage over pizza.
- Place in preheated 450 F oven and bake 12-18 minutes, or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.