Pizza Beignets (sponsored by Grande Cheese)
sponsored by Grande Cheese
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 16 ounces pizza dough ball
- 6 ounces 50/50 Blend, shredded or diced
- 6 ounces Aged Provolone, divided into 20 squares
- 40 slices Pepperoni
- 1 ounce Parmesan, grated
- 1 cup pizza sauce, warmed
- Roll out dough to ⅛″ thick on a lightly floured surface.
- Rolled-out dough will be approximately 14″ in diameter.
- Cut into 15 strips 2″ wide by 4″ long, reserving trimmed dough.
- Combine dough trimmings and roll out to ⅛″ thick.
- Cut into 4 more 2″ x 4″ strips. 3.
- For each strip of dough, sprinkle with 0.3 oz. 50/50 Blend.
- Place one Provolone square over blend in center of strip.
- Layer two slices pepperoni over Provolone.
- Fold long ends of dough strips over pepperoni and pinch together to seal.
- Pinch together open edges of dough to seal.
- Repeat for each strip of dough.
- Place on a lightly floured sheet pan, wrap in plastic and reserve under refrigeration until ready to cook (may be held for 24 hours).
- Fry beignets in a 350°F fryer for 3½ minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Drain, plate and dust with 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
- Serve with ¼ cup pizza sauce for dipping.