Pizza Dough Made with Whole Grain
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: dough/breads
- 16 pounds, 4 ounces water, temperature controlled
- 12 ounces sugar
- 2 ounces instant yeast
- 15 pounds General Mills Superlative Flour
- 10 pounds General Mills Gold Medal Whole Wheat Flour
- 16 ounces olive oil
- 8 ounces salt
- Combine water and sugar in a large mixer bowl.
- Add flours yeast and salt.
- Mix on low speed for one minute to incorporate.
- Add oil and continue to mix on medium speed until mixture is smooth and elastic, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Scale dough into 13-ounce pieces.
- Form into balls and place on lightly oiled dough tray.
- Apply a light coating of oil to each dough ball.
- Place on a covered rack and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from retarder at least 1 hour prior to makeup.