Pizza Mexicana con Chorizo (sponsored by Burke)
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 1 14-inch pizza skin
- ¾ cup salsa, thick & chunky
- ½ cup black beans, canned, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 oz Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 oz Chorizo topping
- 1 Tbsp cilantro leaves, fresh, chopped
- Spread salsa evenly over pizza shell.
- Sprinkle black beans over salsa and add onion, ground cumin and jalapeno.
- Combine cheeses and sprinkle half over top of pizza.
- Layer chorizo over cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over chorizo and top with cilantro.
- Place in pizza oven and bake 12-18 minutes.