- 45 ounces of your proprietary dough with 70 to 80 percent hydration
- 5 ounces of grated Parmesan or Asiago
- 20 ounces shredded mozzarella/ provolone blend
- 5 to 6 ounces fresh basil leaves
- 12 to 14 pear tomatoes, split and drained
- 4 ounces of cubed, fresh mozzarella
- Course sea salt and extra virgin olive oil
Take the dough ball and stretch into a pan that has been oiled with extra virgin olive oil. Using both hands, spread the dough to the ends and corners. Let the dough rest at room temperature for fifteen minutes. Stretch again using your fingertips to work the middle of the pan first and out toward the ends. Oil the top of the dough and let rest near your pizza oven at 80 F for one hour visiting two more times to push the dough into corners.
After the pizza has proofed for an hour, take your fingertips and dimple the dough, starting with the middle first and down the pizza dough. Place in a 485 F oven until just barely golden (5 to 7 minutes). Pull out, remove from the pan and cool.
When cool, place the Parmesan, mozzarella-provolone mix, fresh basil and pear tomatoes on the pizza. Place the fresh mozzarella dice along the pie and drizzle generously with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt. Place back in the oven for another 10 minutes or until all the cheese has melted. Remove and let cool somewhat before serving or boxing.