Chicken Bacon Pesto Grilled Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 2 tablespoons proprietary basil pesto
- 2 strips thick-sliced bacon roasted on the grill and chopped
- 6 ounces of already-grilled chicken breast sliced very thinly
- 15 small summer cherry tomatoes (4 ounces)
- 2½ ounces fresh mozzarella ciliegine balls (10 balls sliced in half)
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon sliced basil for garnish
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- Lightly oil the tomatoes and place on the grill beforehand by cooking them for a few minutes, turning quickly before they explode. Reserve.
- Oil a heavy upturned sheet pan with extra virgin olive oil and place the dough on the oil pushing first with fingertips and then stretch with your flat hand to make it into a flat, thin, football-shaped dough measuring approximately 10 inches by 5 inches.
- Add another tablespoon of oil on the top and flip the dough over, pressing your fingertips in the dough to negate bubbles from forming.
- Place the dough on the grill for 30 to 40 seconds, watching closely for hot spots and turning if needed.
- When the dough is marked with grill marks and golden brown, turn it over.
- Quickly squirt the pesto on first, then brush.
- Place all the ingredients on fast with cheese first, then close the lid to the grill. If you are on a restaurant grill, an upturned pizza pan works good to get the cheese to melt.
- Grill from 30 to 60 seconds, watching closely for burning.
- Remove from the grill and sprinkle the sea salt and the pine nuts.
- Cut and serve.