Hot Manchego and Pear
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizzas
- 12-inch dough ball
- 1 small pear, sliced thin using a mandolin
- ½ small onion, chopped and caramelized with balsamic and ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup manchego
- Hot honey, for finish
- Roll out dough to desired size.
- Par-bake dough for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Caramelize the onion in a small sauce pan with balsamic vinegar and brown sugar until softened.
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice pears.
- Place pear slices around the dough, overlapping so the pears completely cover the dough round. Top with caramelized onions.
- Top the pizza with manchego, brush olive oil over crust and bake until brown.
- After removing from oven, drizzle with hot honey.
- Slice and serve.