Spanish Chorizo & Manchego Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 14-ounce doughball
- ½ pound Spanish chorizo, ground
- ¼ cup piquante peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded manchego
- ¼ cup mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup mild salsa
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Toss dough to desired size.
- Top with mild salsa (if you’re using a spicy chorizo, a mild salsa will keep the heat to a minimum).
- Cook ground chorizo and drain fat on a paper towel. Add to pizza.
- In a small bowl, blend mozzarella and manchego. Top pizza with cheese.
- Add sweet-hot piquante peppers.
- Brush dough with olive oil for a brown finish and bake at 450 F (or your own oven’s bake temperature) until baked.
- Add chopped cilantro and serve.