Spicy Sausage Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 1 14-inch pizza crust
- 6 ounces spicy Italian sausage
- ½ cup vegetable oil, divided
- ¼ cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cups pinto beans
- ¼ cup chopped jalapenos
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Place crumbled sausage in a skillet over medium heat; cook until done.
- Remove from the skillet; drain on paper towels; discard the grease in the skillet.
- Pour 2 tablespoons vegetable oil into the skillet over medium heat, add yellow onion and cook until soft, about 5 min.
- Add drained sausage, garlic and cumin; cook to combine flavors, about 2 min.
- Remove from heat; reserve.
- Brush dough with vegetable oil, then top with a layer of each of the cheeses with the reserved sausage mixture, then arrange the beans and chopped jalapenos.
- Drizzle evenly with vegetable oil.
- Bake at 450 F until crust is golden brown and chese bubbles, then finish with cilantro.