- 10 large, halved, cored, and seeded plum tomatoes
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs made from day-old Italian bread
- 1 peeled clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried thyme
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lay the tomato halves, hollow side up, on a shallow baking pan or pizza pan.
2. Put the basil, bread crumbs, garlic, oregano and thyme in a food processor or blender. With the motor running, add the olive oil in a steady stream.
3. Distribute the herb stuffing among the tomato halves. Top each tomato with some of the Parmesan cheese, dividing it evenly.
4. Bake until the tops are lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Let the tomatoes rest out of the oven for 30 minutes before serving.