Pork Pizza Pie
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 1 14-inch pizza shell
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 10 ounces ground pork
- 2 teaspoons ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon each salt & pepper
- 6 strips bacon, cooked until crispy, then chopped into 12-inch pieces
- 8 ounces ground tomatoes or tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- Spread the mozzarella over the crust up to 12-inch of the edge.
- Mix ground pork with the fennel, salt & pepper, and press into a patty that is about 12-inches in diameter (in other words, very thin).
- Put the pork patty on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the cooked & chopped bacon over the pork.
- Ladle on the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the Romano cheese evenly over the tomatoes.